Let’s face it. The world shames those vulnerable to mental health issues. But this isn’t something to be embarrassed about. “If You Need Help Get It.”
R&B/Gospel Star and former Destiny Child singer, Michelle Williams checked herself into a mental institution Tuesday just outside of Los Angeles, CA. Allegedly, Williams has been battling depression for a number of years.
Hubby Chad Johnson
- Always be kind, you never know what others are going through.
2. Sometimes unfortunate life events can alter negative thoughts especially after losing a love one, friends, a job, pet, or any other traumatic circumstance.
3. Suicide is not a Joke. The annual age-adjusted suicide rate is 13.42 per 100,000 individuals. Men die by suicide 3.53x more often than women. On average, there are 123 suicides per day. White males accounted for 7 of 10 suicides in 2016.
4. According to CNN Children/teens as young as 8-years- old commit suicide every 5 days unexpectedly.
5. Suicide is a serious mental illness. No one should be shamed. We must learn to express thoughts in a healthy outlet.
By Sanestina with contributions from CNN and AFSP